Monday, February 16, 2015







Casting Couch Workout




Julia Louis-Dreyfus is one of my favorites.  But her advice to struggling actors is to "sleep around."

Granted she was giving this advice as a joke, it gives me pause. There used to something shameful or secretive about actresses sleeping with the casting director.  I guess we've progressed in that way.
However, even though the stigma may be gone, isn't this situation an unbalance of power?
That this form of sex is coerced and not freely engaged in but a means to an ends?

I remember meeting an extremely handsome store clerk in Manhattan who told me that he was an aspiring actor but his hopes for an acting career were fading away quickly. He said he had been asked to model for Abercomie & Fitch but the price for his pictures to be used in the stores was to sleep with the photographer.  He had refused. Next thing he knows, auditions were drying up too.
He was pondering his career options as he rung up my purchase.

Years later I am pondering sexual revolution freedoms but are there limits too? Like powerful Hollywood types should not be allowed to exploit young people's dreams of fame for an orgasm.



<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9TgmG5xCwMc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment